Saturday, January 5, 2013

Screen Print I : King Loaf



Learned how to do screen printing during my last year. I thought it was gonna be really difficult but after I got the hang of it I really enjoyed it. 
The exposure unit. After u emolsion your screen you expose your image  on this machine. 

My screen set up for a print.
I decided to do a series of print that were "portraits" of people in my life. This first one was for Mike aka King Loaf as he is named in my phone. Hints why his portrait was a LOAF of bread, The King Loaf. lol. 

Layer 1


Layers 1-3

"finished" 
 
The original and the revised print after I found my knack for text in my art work. 
The text I later added, after sucessfully using text on almost the rest of this series was a personall note to Mike. When I made the print we were dating and by the time I finished the series we were just friends again. To  this day I haven't told him what it says or let anyone read the note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment