Monday, September 7, 2015

Gamora

Last year for my nieces birthday her parents threw her a super hero costume party. My niece immediately gave me a list of a million different people she wanted to be and after much dicussion and debate she decided on Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy. 
First I had to figure out how to paint the leotard but have it stretched at the same time so I stuffed it with plastic bags to be stretched a little more then the actual size of my niece. I found some old demin fabric and painted it to look like the neck of Gamora's outfit. 
Next I took a pair of her jeans  and painted them added straps and a holster for whatever weapon she choose or to hold her juice box. After a couple fittings and adjustments it was finally the day of the party.
Got her into her leotard and started by painting her face green and using some purple and glitter facepaint to add details. Then we got her pants on and wet her hair to add the temporary red hair stuff top the ends of her hair. After that she was feeling herself just a little bit.
Last I touched up her green facepaint, put the green body paint and wrapped her hands in some black t-shirt fabric (as her gloves) and BOOM we have a mini Gamora. 




At her party

With her Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment